What we do
The EDIA working group is an extension of the EDIA subgroup, and supports the subgroup in fulfilling its aims and objectives.
- Actively driving continuous improvement in the diversity and inclusivity of the Society and the RSE community.
- Maintaining the codes of conduct for the Society and Society events.
- Ensuring that data is gathered to give a sound basis for trustee decision making, including data on various dimensions of diversity as well as the needs and priorities of the RSE community.
- Proactively getting involved in all activities to ensure that we meet our EDIA goals.
- Reporting on progress of how the Society has improved inclusivity and accessibility.
- Measuring the impact of specific initiatives and actions undertaken.
- Liaising with the EDI chair of the RSE conference.
- Ensuring accessibility of the SocRSE website, tools and processes.
Getting community members involved in this work ensures that we have input from a larger number of people with different backgrounds, experiences and ideas.
We always welcome new initiatives that progress the Society’s EDIA aims.
How to join us
Contact us as [email protected]
Terms of reference
Our terms of reference can be found here: EDIA Working Group Terms of Reference