The RSE campaign began in the UK, but it soon gained interest from groups around the world who wanted to gain recognition for research software engineering in their own countries. The first non-UK association to be launched was de-RSE, which began after a number of German RSEs met at the RSE Conference. There are now a number of associations around the world. If you would like help launching a new national association, please get in touch.
The international RSE organisations are meet together under the banner of Research Software Engineers International.
International RSE Associations
- Australia/New Zealand: @rse_aunz
- Belgium: be-rse.org, @rse_be
- Canada: Digital Research Alliance of Canada / Alliance de recherche numerique du Canada
- Germany: de-rse.org, @RSE_de
- Netherlands: nl-rse.org, @nl_rse
- Nordic: nordic-rse.org, @nordic_rse
- UK: society-rse.org, @ResearchSoftEng
- USA: us-rse.org, @us_rse