The Sponsorship Chair plays a vital part, building long-term relationships with funders for the conference and other activities. It is a substantial role with considerable responsibility, given sponsorship funding is key to sustaining the conference and Society. However, you will not be alone in working to acquire sponsors.
Before the conference
- Work with the steering group to decide on sponsorship package contents and prices.
- Work with members of the logistics team to publish sponsorship packages and call.
- Identify and reach out to possible sponsors.
- Communicate with interested sponsors.
- Work with the conference Treasurer to issue purchase orders and invoices, and take payments.
- Work with the Events Coordinator to handle the logistics of sponsor stalls.
During the conference
- Check-in with sponsors.
- Meet with sponsors to discuss future opportunities.
After the conference
- Forward a list of opted-in attendee emails to sponsors.
- Gather feedback from sponsors.