- Are you employed to develop software for research?
- Are you spending more time developing software than other forms of research?
- Are you employed as a postdoctoral researcher, even though you predominantly work on software development?
- Are you the person who ‘does computing’ in your research group?
- Are you sometimes not named on research papers despite playing a fundamental part in developing the software used to create them?
Regardless of your formal job title, if you answer yes to many of these questions, even for only part of your role, you could consider yourself a Research Software Engineer. Join the community and get involved!