This role is a relatively well-defined one that might be a good second role for someone in a position with a lower workload, for example Poster Session Chair. The Awards Chair is responsible for handling the community awards, and responsibilities include:
- Canvass nominations for the RSE Awards (Impact, Rising Star, Training & Education).
- Assemble a panel from the community to judge the awards.
- Develop judging criteria for each category.
- Research and organise the purchase of interesting, unique awards for the winners – preferably by artists local to the conference location.
- Present those awards at the conference!