This role is a relatively well-defined one, that would be a good second role for someone in one of the positions with a lower workload, like the poster team. The Awards chair would be responsible for handling the community awards, and responsibilities would include:
- Attend the fortnightly (weekly later on) online meetings with the committee as much as possible
- Canvass nominations for the RSE Awards (Impact, Rising Star, Training & Education)
- Assemble a panel from the community to judge the awards
- Develop judging criteria for each category
- Research and organise the purchase of interesting, unique awards for the winners – preferably by artists local to the conference location
- Present those awards at the conference!