To work with both the Logistics and Programme Chairs in ensuring that publicity reaches a diverse and wide range of RSEs.
- Work closely with the diversity chair to ensure that our contacts are diverse and inclusive of more groups
- Take initiative to identify areas where the contact list is lacking and expand the contact list considerably (after reviewing the spreadsheet)
- Checking and updating the spreadsheet with the contacts in it. (These have rather evolved and would benefit from a better review. This year’s spreadsheet tried to map the contacts to specific domains).
- Writing a communication plan describing when & what to say so that others can use the text for their contacts and so there is an organised approach to tweeting and emailing the RSE community
- Proactively action the communication plan and get in touch other conference committee members on slack for contact
- Creating text and contacting people about:
- Submission deadlines
- Registration deadlines
- Coordinating emails to registered people
- Ensure that the spreadsheet records initial contact and reminders
- Main channels used this year were email, slack and twitter.
- If artistic then create a poster for publicity
- If artistic could contribute to the t-shirt design
Create a RSECon20 twitter account and liaise with the owner of the Society twitter account (@ResearchSoftEng) regarding this and about re-tweets etc. After the conference transfer the account to the RSE Society.